Waterproofing and Design Details
All our coats are made using a special membrane material, which is a woven fabric that is flexible and functional, but also soft and incredibly comfortable.
This fabric has 3 layers of different materials:
- The upper layer keeps you dry by blocking any kind of precipitation from getting through;
- The middle layer is the membrane and it holds back the wind while letting through the natural sweat your body produces during normal movements;
- The inner layer is made of a super-soft material that keeps you warm while allowing your body’s moisture to flow through from the inside to the outside.
Membrane fabric is very lightweight and provides freedom of movement without adding any extra weight to the coat. These qualities make this material ideal for activities such as cycling, running, fitness, and for use in children’s clothing. It is also used to make work apparel. The best known membrane fabric is GORE-TEX®.
Our fabric is:
- Waterproof: (10,000mm) Our coats can withstand 1-2 hours in a light rain/snow, or approximately 30 minutes in a moderate shower, without letting water come through. Our coats are not appropriate for heavy showers!
- Breathable: (5,000 gsm) Doesn’t accumulate body sweat so is perfect for casual walks, even on sunny days;
- Warm and windproof: There are no official measurement guidelines for this. But we like to wear our coats in temperatures ranging from -5°C/23°F ( a quick walk to the car) to +20°C/68°F (summer evenings wearing a light dress).
To put it simply, our coats will:
- Protect you from unexpected rain and wind;
- Keep you warm and maintain normal body temperature;
- Allow your skin to breathe and feel comfortable
These coats are amazing because without making any compromises, they provide protection from wet weather of any kind while keeping you dry and comfortable and ALWAYS looking your gorgeous best!
Want to know more about membrane material? Read more here!
Designed with women's needs in mind
When we got down to the design details of our coats, we paid close attention to many different features that we knew would make life much easier for the women who chose to wear our coats.
All of our coat designs feature the following finishing touches:
- Adjustable drawstring tighteners. These are an integral part of our waterproof hoods. They ensure that you can adjust the fit of the hood to your liking and also keep the wind and rain away from your carefully-applied make-up!
- Hidden pockets. These are sewn in to the sides without being bulky or noticeable, but are spacious enough to carry a lipstick, phone, or other essential items with ease.
- Hidden snap closure buttons. Our coats are fastened by snap popper buttons which are hidden beneath the outer overlap of material which runs vertically on every design. This means even when you have to button up to keep the rain out, you will still maintain the classy lines of our elegant designs with no lumps or bumps anywhere!
We even thought about the need for maternity coats to accommodate the changes women’s bodies go through during pregnancy. We offer a selection of specially designed maternity coats which will still look exquisite after your baby arrives.