We all have came across situation when the weather is sunny in the morning, but at the evening the rain is pouring down. And we, ladies, know, that there is small chance the umbrella will be there for us.
We thought that for living in city where the weather changes oh so quickly, raincoat is the best option. Except, it is kinda hard to match your favourite high heel shoes with sporty and masculine rain jacket. And most often, rainwear isn't suitable for wearing when it isn't raining.
So we decided that feminine coat, which is also practical (waterproof, warm, windproof and with functional details) is a must-have for every city lady like us.
This fabric has 3 layers of different materials:
- The upper layer keeps you dry by blocking rain, snow or sleet from getting through;
- The middle layer is the membrane and it holds back the wind while letting through the steam that your body produce while moving;
- The inner layer is made of soft material that keeps you warm while allowing the steam to flow through from inside to outside.
Waterproof: (10,000mm) for most comfort we recommend spending a short time (about 60-120min) in a light pressure rain (when you normally use your umbrella) or snow. Not suitable for showers!
Breathable: (5,000 gsm) best for casual walks in the city also in sunny days.
Warm and windproof: There are no guidelines for this. But we like to wear our coats from -5°C/23°F (quick walk to the car) to +20°C/68°F (in evenings on top of a light summer dress).
To sum up, membrane fabric is waterproof, windproof, breathable AND warm so it is the perfect choice if you are looking for a coat or jacket to:
- Protect you from unexpected rain and wind;
- Keep you warm and maintain normal body temperature;
- Allow your skin to breath and feel comfortable.
In short, our coats are perfect for days with changing weather and mild rain or drizzle. The amazing thing is - without making any compromises, fabric still maintains all of the must have practical features of a waterproof fabric. Because of the soft and flexible material characteristics it is, to our mind, the best fabric for those who value comfortable apparel for more casual everyday lifestyle.
Want to know more about membrane material? Read more here!